Blogger Templates

Monday, June 6, 2011

Its the Mice--really...

It's been one week since I was diagnosed with pneumonia.  It is now obvious to me that my brain is still not getting it since I was just sure 48 hours of antibiotics and I'd be back on my way up.  Yes, as I was saying...one week later, and I'm still hacking up a lung and hugging the mattress.  Not only that, but I have a bladder infection from the antibiotics killing off what was left of the good stuff in my gut.  The fact that the cat found a mouse in our house is actually the issue, though.  I refuse to get out of bed until I am assured that all mice are gone.  At least that's the excuse I'm using.  It can't be that I am not setting superman records for recovery.

I read an entry butyoudontlooksick.com and she showed pics of herself in bed with her computer.  That was seriously my favorite part.  I'm sure her words of wisdom were fabulous, too, but I suddenly felt much better about myself.  However, its a bit unfair because she looks GOOD in the photos and I...well... I'm sitting in bed in ratty old athletic shorts with my husband's t-shirt because its huge and worn in all the right places.  And they don't match.  My hair hasn't been done for a week (it's been cleaned, just not done) so all my bald spots are showing.  We won't even deal with the med face.  Then she has a clean night stand and what appears to be a clean room and matching sheets.  Confession.  Its been so long since I felt well, that the sheets aren't even on my bed properly.  And my nightstand?  There are approximately 15 vitamin/supplement bottles on it, stacks of books and various journals, water bottles, my wedding ring box (if I can't wear it, I at least want it where I can see it), and the floor in front is littered with the remains of 1/2 a box of Kleenex.  I have to admit though--my nightstand always looks like that.  I have straightened it up, but it only takes about a week and the books and journals have all reappeared.  Remember the scene from Sabrina (the Harrison Ford version) where the chauffeur's apartment has all the books stacked everywhere?  That's my room.  Back to the entry.  I still bless her for putting in the picture.  I have considered that maybe I need to break down and buy matching and cute pajamas.  Do they have a link for that online?  I can't actually go shopping because I can't get out of bed...the mouse and all...

In my search for a healthy treatment alternative, this week I ordered the first of what will probably be many, replacement products for my home.  I am trying to eliminate every toxin I can that my body comes in contact with on a regular basis.  So that means shampoo, conditioners, laundry soaps, toothpastes, make-up, the works.  It will probably take me a few months to accomplish this since it all costs money.  Which is really low of these companies.  They claim they want to help--helping would be free, right?   My criteria are that every ingredient in the product must be chemical free and all natural, and that I have to be able to pronounce the ingredients.  I'd like to say that I have narrowed it all down to one company, but I haven't.  I'm getting my vitamins and supplements from one company, my household goods and cleaning products from another, and my make-up and skin care from a third.  Mostly preference, I guess.  One of the things that just occurs to me is that I have always gotten a rash from fake metals (no cheap jewelry) and non-organic fabrics.  Preview of things to come for me?  Who knows.

I think the epiphanies I have are slower in coming to me than they are to others.  I have been congratulating myself all this time that my kidneys were not involved so I haven't given them a moments thought.  This week I also realized that if I want to keep them that way, given the propensity of this disease to hit there, I better start taking extra good care of them.  Maybe that's a life lesson anyone can take away from this.  If we want to survive life's physical battles, we better take care of what we have in case it gets called into action.  I also figure that if I die and its possible, I want someone to benefit from my body.  So I am an organ donor.  I would like to think my kidneys would be perfect so that one part of my body is.  I keep telling my kids that when I die, I don't want them wasting money on a casket, burial plot, etc.  Grind me up and throw me out.  I'm dead--I don't care.  But in the words of my daughter "uhm-no." I think its because they secretly want to get back at me by putting something heinous on my tombstone.  If they are going to do that, I want them to put "Oops!" on my my stone.  If they put "Love is Spoken Here" we will all know that they really hated me.

Lastly, since Apple is not dropping a coveted iPad on my doorstep, I have started saving money each month for one.  I have decided that I really don't care if the iPad is an all natural product with only pronounceable non-chemical ingredients.  For that, I'm willing to make an exception.  Because those stupid mice are going to keep me in bed for awhile, I think.



2 comments:

  1. I have the answer!!!! Marajuana! It's natural AND you can grow it yourself! If you get caught, blame it on the lack of border patrol.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Charly, I am relieved that you are still feeling well enough to be sarcastic -- I have been concerned about the pneumonia. Thank goodness the mice are keeping you in bed so you can rest. wink wink.

    ReplyDelete